See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Apply same visibility graphics of one Revit link to other Revit links

Login to Give a bone

Question Apply same visibility graphics of one Revit link to other Revit links

I have MEP view templates applied to my MEP floor plan views that control the properties of all but 'V/G Overrides RVT Links'. I have a separate view template that I "apply template properties" on each floor plan view which controls only the properties of 'V/G Overrides RVT Links'.

This works great for a single linked model (structural). But then when I add another link (architectural), I have to go in and set all of the VG overrides the same exact way for that model.

Is there any way to avoid these extra steps of setting the VG settings for every single link?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Apply same visibility graphics of one Revit link to other Revit links

Not that i know of. In our project template, i have created and linked in ghost revit files for arch, structure, m, e, p, furniture, shell arch, that i went thru and set v/g for in all of my view templates. After a project is started, we then pick the arch link from manage links, and Reload From, browse to where the new project arch file is saved, and all of the linked file v/g will remain set in your view templates. Then do the same for struc, and whatever other models you have. it sounds like a big effort up front, but well worth it from job to job. They're not perfect, i'll have to adjust something here and there with different architects and structural firms, but it's a really good start. And if i remember, i'll go add the various changes/filters (hide an egress path line, etc.) to the main template so the next model we get from a particular architect is already set correctly.
    hth,
    mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Apply same visibility graphics of one Revit link to other Revit links

I do something similar to @mhartmann. My template is an .rvt file with worksets and ghost link models loaded in. I then created my view templates based on how i want my coordination, analysis, and sheet views to display down to the smallest detail. At the start of every project, i copy over this .rvt file, rename it, create a central and then bring in my links by using "Reload From...".

Hope this helps...

BJ, The BIM Guy

Login to Give a bone

Is there any way to avoid these extra steps of setting the VG settings for every single link?[/QUOTE]

Use "View templates"
    In the view already set do: create view template from current view, then apply it to the new view.