See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Ortho-Like Setting (Need to Turn Off)

Login to Give a bone

Default Ortho-Like Setting (Need to Turn Off)

[USING AutoCAD LT 2015] In creating an irregular shape using Pline, with Ortho Off, when attempting to create a Pline segment that is near to (but not quite at) 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees, the cursor wants to snap to an Ortho point (i.e. forcing that line segment to be horizontal or vertical). This makes it very difficult to draw a line segment that deviates slightly from true Ortho. There must be a setting to turn this property off, but I haven’t been able to locate it. Can anyone shed some light - Where in Options is the setting to be disabled?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ortho-Like Setting (Need to Turn Off)

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaLogic584307 View Post
    [USING AutoCAD LT 2015] In creating an irregular shape using Pline, with Ortho Off, when attempting to create a Pline segment that is near to (but not quite at) 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees, the cursor wants to snap to an Ortho point (i.e. forcing that line segment to be horizontal or vertical). This makes it very difficult to draw a line segment that deviates slightly from true Ortho. There must be a setting to turn this property off, but I haven’t been able to locate it. Can anyone shed some light - Where in Options is the setting to be disabled?
    Sounds like you are talking about Polar Tracking. (F10 will toggle by default)

The best thing to do in these situations is to disable ALL drafting "aids" such as object snap, polar tracking, object snap tracking, etc., and only enable them on an as needed basis.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Ortho-Like Setting (Need to Turn Off)

It wasn't Polar Tracking. (F10), but it was Object Snap Tracking (F11). Your suggestion led me to the correct solution. Thanks . . .