Thread: Looking for Revit User Feedback re: cloud processing/cloud credits

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Looking for Revit User Feedback re: cloud processing/cloud credits

Hi,

Looking for user feedback from folks who are using Revit to process jobs in the cloud...

What are your likes/dislikes? Does the cloud work well (better than desktop) based on your experience?

What about the cloud credits pricing model (i.e., usage based?). Do you like this or would you rather have something else?

All in all, would you recommend Revit or suggest looking at other similar products?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for Revit User Feedback re: cloud processing/cloud credits

I'm thinking I need more information before I could answer those questions.
    1 - What "Jobs" are you looking to process in the cloud? Quick still rendering? Energy Analysis? Structural Analysis? Quantity Takeoff?

2 - Are you talking about hosting the model on the cloud and using a vitural workstation? We have lots of project using BIM360. I can answer just about any question on that.

3 - $1 a credit works for me. Depends on what you're trying to do an what graphical quality you need.

4 - i would recommend Revit. I prefer it to Archicad. Autodesk is the Microsoft Windows of Building Design

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for Revit User Feedback re: cloud processing/cloud credits

I almost always use cloud rendering with Revit. Here are several reasons:
    • The rendering quality, especially smoothness (no banding) from lit to shadowed across a surface, is much better than even the highest-quality desktop modes -- and who has time for them? I use an over-clocked liquid-cooled Boxx workstation, but still use cloud rendering almost exclusively.
    • It is far more forgiving of variation in lighting levels, which is often the case in development phases before the final fixtures are selected and placed.
    • I can test all my renders for free to get lighting and materials right, then render all the views ALL AT ONCE in batch mode while I go home to bed or continue working on the project.
    • The pricing model seems very fair. A buck a credit is even good for my clients, who otherwise would be paying me a dollar or two per minute to wait while each desktop rendering, even the tests, completes. I have found that doing an initial render at the free size and quality, then re-rendering with the desired custom size and quality, will save as much as half the cost of final renders. Cloud rendering is still restricted to 4,000 pixels in any one dimension, but that will make D-sized image at 125 DPI.

I've got Enscape and Twinmotion, too, for more exotic presentations, but for most projects, Revit has the tools to do all the modeling, drafting, and presentations I need to get work out from one project file.

Quote Originally Posted by johncshuster786876 View Post
    Hi,

Looking for user feedback from folks who are using Revit to process jobs in the cloud...

What are your likes/dislikes? Does the cloud work well (better than desktop) based on your experience?

What about the cloud credits pricing model (i.e., usage based?). Do you like this or would you rather have something else?

All in all, would you recommend Revit or suggest looking at other similar products?