Thread: Silent Type Finally Speaking Out, Forum reading and posting questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Silent Type Finally Speaking Out, Forum reading and posting questions

Hi All...I've been a member since 2013 but have mostly used the Forums for education.

As a ME dating back to 1982, my drafting started on a 8' board and a light table...progressed thru work force and never took any AutoCAD classes. I found I needed to learn the software to be able to communicate with those working for me that did.

I've searched opening page about the various rules but never found any think that told me I needed to make a given number of posts to be able to open a file in someone's post.

Can someone provide a link that might explain why i'm not able to download attachments from forum posts?
    Can someone provide a link on how to add an avatar?
    Can someone provide a link on how to add a signature?

Thanks in Advance

Default Re: Silent Type Finally Speaking Out, Forum reading and posting questions

Quote Originally Posted by Dan.Marr390564 View Post
    Hi All...I've been a member since 2013 but have mostly used the Forums for education.

As a ME dating back to 1982, my drafting started on a 8' board and a light table...progressed thru work force and never took any AutoCAD classes. I found I needed to learn the software to be able to communicate with those working for me that did.

I've searched opening page about the various rules but never found any think that told me I needed to make a given number of posts to be able to open a file in someone's post.

Can someone provide a link that might explain why i'm not able to download attachments from forum posts?
    Can someone provide a link on how to add an avatar?
    Can someone provide a link on how to add a signature?

Thanks in Advance
    Hello there and congrats on your first post after 7 years.
    I don't know the answer to download restrictions etc.

But as far as adding avatar and signature stuff, it would be in your profile settings:
    (hope this helps)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Silent Type Finally Speaking Out, Forum reading and posting questions

Your Basic Tier Membership level has restrictions regarding avatar and signatures. To enable those features, you will need to upgrade to a Premier or Professional Tier Membership.

You should be able to download attachments though. Can you provide a link to the post containing the attachment in question?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Your Basic Tier Membership level has restrictions regarding avatar and signatures.
    Where is this documented?

This page says that Basic Membership includes "Full Access to all AUGI Forums".

I don't see anything else mentioned on the Premier or Professional about either one of these including this seemingly basic forum functionality.

Thanks!
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post

I don't see anything else mentioned on the Premier or Professional about either one of these including this seemingly basic forum functionality.

Thanks!
    "Full Access to all AUGI Forums (Posting of questions and answers)" applies to creating new threads and replying to posts only. It does not mean "full featured". There are a ton of forum settings affected...probably why someone chose not to mention all of them while creating that page. Some of the main features affected are signatures, avatar, the ability to change your forum description ("Administrator" on my profile), and upload limits.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jobe View Post
    .... the ability to change your forum description ("Administrator" on my profile)
    That one is mentioned, curiously.

aKI5vhi.png

Opie is working on updating those pages.

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post

Thanks!
    These pages are now up to date with our forum offerings for each membership level.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Thanks @Opie !

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Your Basic Tier Membership level has restrictions regarding avatar and signatures. To enable those features, you will need to upgrade to a Premier or Professional Tier Membership.

You should be able to download attachments though. Can you provide a link to the post containing the attachment in question?
    This may sound obvious Dan, but you also have to be logged in to download files. Is there a chance that you weren't logged in?