Thread: BIM Studies - getting that buy in

Login to Give a bone

Post BIM Studies - getting that buy in

I'm looking for studies that have been published (actual studies, not opinion pieces) about BIM if anyone has some bookmarked to throw my way (or wrote, etc)

- Is BIM/Technology replacing jobs
    - Why do owners/companies hesitate to hop on the BIM wagon
    - BIM Integration ('we use BIM, but our field super still uses the printed copies' type items)

Basically, how do we get the buy in from the Human Side. How can you win over the people/users instead of having resistance? What risk mitigation can you do for adapting the BIM Process/technology?

While I'm at it - is there a better place to search or ask this on AUGI? I tried searching the site and got a few hits, but then I got a lot of opinion pieces in the Google results too. Is there a term or publication series I should pay more attention to?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: BIM Studies - getting that buy in

Quote Originally Posted by AndiLani View Post
    I'm looking for studies that have been published (actual studies, not opinion pieces) about BIM if anyone has some bookmarked to throw my way (or wrote, etc)

- Is BIM/Technology replacing jobs
    - Why do owners/companies hesitate to hop on the BIM wagon
    - BIM Integration ('we use BIM, but our field super still uses the printed copies' type items)

Basically, how do we get the buy in from the Human Side. How can you win over the people/users instead of having resistance? What risk mitigation can you do for adapting the BIM Process/technology?

While I'm at it - is there a better place to search or ask this on AUGI? I tried searching the site and got a few hits, but then I got a lot of opinion pieces in the Google results too. Is there a term or publication series I should pay more attention to?
    Hmm... I'm now questioning if I've ever written an article straight up about the obstacles to BIM adoption (or another large scale technology initiative), since I have written so much about the 'joys' of being an Owner. Hmm. I don't think I have, I think I've only addressed it verbally. I guess that would still qualify as an opinion piece rather than a study, because it would be based only on my experiences within my own facilities, or those I've consulted on, which is only a couple dozen.
    At any rate, that's a lot of interesting questions there... I hope you can find some answers.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost