Thread: Output Surface text and Alignment text and tick only to another drawing file

Login to Give a bone

Default Output Surface text and Alignment text and tick only to another drawing file

Hi All,

Our current drafting process is we keep our design drawing file and our production drawing files separate. Obviously when we try to copy out the surface labels or the alignment labels and ticks the civil 3d objects come with it. Our current work around is that we explode the labels twice, copy and paste to the production drawings and then back in the design drawing file click undo until the exploding procedure has been undone.

My question is, is there an easier way to do this. Not a major issue but any help would be appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Output Surface text and Alignment text and tick only to another drawing file

Not necessarily easier but there are third party add-ons that let you export contour labels, surface elevation labels, and slope labels to a file that can then be imported back into other drawings at any time.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Output Surface text and Alignment text and tick only to another drawing file

Hi
    try exporting a dwg backwards all civil3d objects get exploded and retain location