Thread: Generic Model - Material Not Shown in Plan View

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Generic Model - Material Not Shown in Plan View

Hey Guys,

I am doing this in 2017, but can easily change the year to a more recent year if there are default solutions.

Background:
    I have a generic model that I will place in RCP views. These generic models will then populate a schedule that will have reporting parameters that have different values depending on which family type is placed throughout the project. I am using materials to distinguish between the types because I want to be able to show that material on plan and in a material schedule (its essentially a color coded key/legend).

Steps:
    I created a family from the generic model family template
    It is a rhombus that is 2' tall (extrusion end is +1' and extrusion start is -1').
    It has a shared type parameter attached to it, in the materials and finish category, that I will control from my project.
    I have given it a test color so that I could see what I was doing. The shading is pink, the surface pattern is solid fill and color is pink, and the cut pattern is solid fill and color is pink. When viewing in 3D and plan view of the family editor it shows the pink color as intended.
    My material in the project browser is set to the test color, and the little gray box next to it is assigned the shared parameter.
    I loaded it into my project, and placed on work plane (Level 1, at 0'0"). However, the color is not showing and the rhombus is white with black lines around the edges instead of pink.
    My cut plane is 6" so it should be cutting right through the top. The color is not showing in either floor plan or RCP view...

I can only seem to find answers regarding seeing the color in 3D view...
    Theoretically this should work since architecture models have walls that show material and color when cut through.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post,
    Attached Images Attached Images