See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insert block from pull down menu & Show outline shape

Login to Give a bone

Default Insert block from pull down menu & Show outline shape

I have a custom menu which inserts steel sections as blocks. This is done with an MNU file, loaded using a SCR (script) file.

There is one CAD file for each steel section. And all drawings, MNU file and SCR file are all placed in one folder.

Another functionality was introduced ... to have unique block names, so an LSP file is created which tags on the Date to the block name to the nearest second. Note this was set to auto load.

See attached files. If testing, place in C drive in a new folder called "Folder1". Note that the script file could not be attached, see code below.

There is one more functionality needed. When a section is chosen from the menu, I would like to see an outline of the section.

In the menu I have Universal Beams and Universal Columns. For testing purposes, the Universal Beams are inserted using the LSP code, and this is where I'd like to see the outline. The Universal Columns are added without the LSP code ... and you can see the outline ... however in this instance the block names would not be unique.

SCRIPT FILE

Code:
    (if (and (not (findfile "TEST.mnu"))
    (findfile "C:\\Folder1\\POP13 Test\\TEST.mnu")
    )
    (setenv "ACAD" (strcat (getenv "ACAD") "C:\\Folder1\\POP13 Test"))
    )
    (command "._MENULOAD" "TEST.mnu")
    (menucmd "P13=+TEST.CTOPopTEST")
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Insert block from pull down menu & Show outline shape

Hi. Has anyone seen this post?

Login to Give a bone

Yes. Some have seen this post. Getting an outline of the section may require a different programming language.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for responding. What kind of programming language is required? Do I have to start from scratch again?
    I noticed you used the term "may". I would prefer to continue with LISP, so if there are any examples on the web with a similar scenario, could you please send a link.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

That's a big ask for an antique MNU file that wasn't designed to work with images at all.
    Have you considered adding a dialog box to that lisp or using a Tool Palette, a Ribbon panel or an Image Tile Menu?

Login to Give a bone

Tom, thanks for responding. The MNU file was created a long time ago and it's only now that I'm utilising it.
    I know nothing about the other options, but if you can direct me to how each one is done, that would be appreciated ... in the form of an example if possible.

Login to Give a bone

This is a crude re-work of your code that utilises grread and entmod to achieve what you want, however because of the grread there are no snaps. It should be possible to rework this again using Lee Mac's GRSNAP http://www.lee-mac.com/grsnap.html

Code:
    (defun blkins (blkname) ;the name of the program or function must be defined in the first statement
      (command "-INSERT" blkname (list 0. 0. 0.) 1 "" 0) ;"1" is the scale, "0" is the rotation
      (setq ent (entlast) e_lst (entget ent))
      (setvar 'osmode 1)
      (while (= (car (setq gr (grread T))) 5)
        (princ "\rInsertion Point : ")
        (entmod (subst (cons 10 (cadr gr)) (assoc 10 e_lst) e_lst))
      )
      (command "-rename" "block" blkname  (strcat blkname "-" (rtos (getvar "cdate") 2 6))) ; rtos: Converts a number into a string     strcat: Returns a string that is the concatenation of multiple strings 
    )

Login to Give a bone

Much appreciate the input dlanor.
    It works as suggested.
    I will now consider adding the snap capability.
    Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

This appears difficult.
    I've tried the following, aiming to combine dlanor's code and Lee Mac's demo 1 in the link provided. The hybrid shown below doesn't work but I wouldn't know where to go from here.
    I'm using the Snap function from Lee Mac and placing "LM:grsnap:snapfunction" below and in the same LISP file. I don't know if this is correct syntax in LISP.

Code:
    (defun blkins (blkname) ;the name of the program or function must be defined in the first statement
      (command "-INSERT" blkname (list 0. 0. 0.) 1 "" 0) ;"1" is the scale, "0" is the rotation
      (setq ent (entlast) e_lst (entget ent)
        	osf (LM:grsnap:snapfunction)
      	    osm (getvar 'osmode)
      	)
      (setvar 'osmode 1)
      (while (= (car (setq gr (grread T))) 5)  ; grread: used to have a dynamic display while dragging the cursor position.

(princ "\nPick point: ")
        (while (= 5 (car (setq grr (grread t 15 0))))
            (redraw)
            (osf (cadr grr) osm)
        )
        (if (listp (cadr grr))
            (entmake (list '(0 . "POINT") (cons 10 (trans (osf (cadr grr) osm) 1 0))))
        )
        (redraw) (princ)

(entmod (subst (cons 10 (cadr gr)) (assoc 10 e_lst) e_lst))
      )
      (command "-rename" "block" blkname  (strcat blkname "-" (rtos (getvar "cdate") 2 6))) ; rtos: Converts a number into a string     strcat: Returns a string that is the concatenation of multiple strings 
    )

(defun LM:grsnap:snapfunction ( )
    ;etc.
    ;etc.

Login to Give a bone

Try this version. Your logic was a bit out. The correct osmode needs to be set before the function is called or before the first (setq)

Code:
      (setq ent (entlast) e_lst (entget ent)
            osf (LM:grsnap:snapfunction)
            osm (getvar 'osmode)
        )
      (while (= (car (setq grr (grread T))) 5)  ; grread: used to have a dynamic display while dragging the cursor position.
        (princ "\nPick point: ")
        (redraw)
        (entmod (subst (cons 10 (trans (osf (cadr grr) osm) 1 0)) (assoc 10 e_lst) e_lst))
      )
      (command "regenall")
    )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast