Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dynamic Block With Attributes and Text Using an IF

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Block With Attributes and Text Using an IF

Quote Originally Posted by MMccall View Post
    Here's another option using a block table to first make a selection for orientation and then branch out to selecting the order. I only built a portion of what the finished table would be. The contents of table could be built within the block editor or built in a spreadsheet and then pasted in.
    Thanks. I like this version a lot better. The list won't be as long like how I was thinking. There isn't as much selecting as there was with the previous block and no typing either. I am definitely going to have to start looking at these other features of the dynamic block. Seems to be a lot that can be done with them.

Thanks again MMccall and Ed for your help. Truly appreciated.

Paul

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Just my humble opion, the block seems to be hellish crowded with graphics would a flip and a rotate action be more ecomomical to give left and right and horizontal
    Less visibility states ! also put the Visibility param at the top of the symbol, it then remains in the same place when using the stretch action.

Just a thought

Geoff

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Calteq View Post
    Hi

Just my humble opion, the block seems to be hellish crowded with graphics would a flip and a rotate action be more ecomomical to give left and right and horizontal
    Less visibility states ! also put the Visibility param at the top of the symbol, it then remains in the same place when using the stretch action.

Just a thought

Geoff
    Hello,

I considered a flip action before, but from what I know about dynamic blocks, the attributes would have to move. I created a block before that had a flip action and moving attributes messed up other blocks. Maybe I did it wrong, I don't know. I'm still learning how to make these. As far as rotating the block, the text still has to be in the zero orientation so is that possible?

Thanks,

Paul

Login to Give a bone

I'm going be memory as it has been a while since I have worked on new dynamic blocks with attributes.

To keep the orientation at your desired angle, you would create a point parameter with an associated move action. Your rotation parameter, would rotate the point parameter, which would change the position of your point parameter and the associated move action. In your point parameter/move action set, you would set the move action to select the attribute or text you wanted to move. If an attribute is selected, I think the position property needs to be set to lock.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    I'm going be memory as it has been a while since I have worked on new dynamic blocks with attributes.

To keep the orientation at your desired angle, you would create a point parameter with an associated move action. Your rotation parameter, would rotate the point parameter, which would change the position of your point parameter and the associated move action. In your point parameter/move action set, you would set the move action to select the attribute or text you wanted to move. If an attribute is selected, I think the position property needs to be set to lock.
    Thanks. Unfortunately since I got the block created I haven't had much time to work on it anymore. I am getting to a point that hopefully I can do this soon. I will give this and Geoff's suggestion a try. The previous suggestions work now, but I'm sure there may be better ways for improvement. The nice thing is I have others to make that will be similar to what I was trying to make with this.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12