Thread: STB layer color manageability

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default STB layer color manageability

I have converted a .CTB file to .STB that all the colors were established as "use object color" in the Plot style table editor.

I wanted to make a portion of the colors in the .stb plot black but only for a few colors that I mostly draw with?

It looks like the .stb file table editor only allows the who pen table to have all the same properties.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: STB layer color manageability

It's not possible to "make a portion of the colors in the .stb plot black but only for a few colors that I mostly draw with" in a STB.
    Any plot style (even if it was given a color name) that plots black in you new STB will plot any
    layer or object assigned that plot style black no matter what color it is.
    There's simply no reason to have more than one STB plot style with "all the same properties".

To control how layers and objects plot by using an assigned color use a CTB.
    To control how layers and objects plot by using an assigned plot style use a STB.

Personally I prefer having a single STB plot style to plot black no matter what color layers and objects were drawn with.
    Using bylayer and being able to see in the Layer Manager how every layer is set to plot and only having to commit 5 styles to memory rather than having to remember what the settings are for 256 colors seems easier to me.

If you'd rather keeping track of what "portion of the colors" are used to plot black than using a single named STB plot style then use a CTB.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: STB layer color manageability

It's worth noting that after converting a drawing from CTB to STB 'Plot Style' will not automatically display in Layer Manager as it's properties are saved in the drawing from the template it was created from.
    Simply right-click 'Name' or any item on the header row at the top of Layer Manager and either make sure 'Plot Style' is checked or pick 'Customize…' to modify the list.