Thread: 2020 Revit MEP Fab Parts vs Sysque

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default 2020 Revit MEP Fab Parts vs Sysque

Hello,

Does anybody have experience working with MEP Fabrication parts in Revit 2020 and creating schedules for sheet metal? I am having troubles scheduling all the parameters of the different fittings. I am also trying to figure out a way to export those schedules to work with a fab shop program (I believe our shop uses Trimble). Does anyone know if I can do this from Revit somehow, or if there is another program that can? Also, the typical websites to download Revit families do not seem to have libraries for Fabrication Parts. Are there any libraries out there to download more fittings that do not come with the out-of-box content?

I am used to working with Sysque but I cannot convince my current company to purchase it. From what I can tell though, MEP Fabrication parts has come a long way. It seems I can do most of the things Sysque can do except for create spool drawings, export a file for a fab shop program, and no libraries.

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2020 Revit MEP Fab Parts vs Sysque

Fab Parts in Revit are going to be tough if you're using Trimble Toolshop/Vulcan on the CAM/Shop side. They really are intended to be used w/Autodesk Fabrication CAMduct.

I'd recommend SysQue if you plan on keeping the shop software Trimble, ort swapping to CAMduct if you're going to use Fab parts.

Using eVolve Mechanical (or roll it yourself w/Dynamo/C#) you can access more fo the Fabrication properties. However I'd suggest using the Fabrication Reports as opposed to schedules, that's where you'll get access to most of the data you're looking for.