Thread: Only show specific stations along an alignment in plan and profile

Login to Give a bone

Default Only show specific stations along an alignment in plan and profile

I am routing new pipe utilities,2+ utilities together in a single trench, and have the alignment as the center of the utility trench. Every 20+ feet we sometimes turn the trench and piping to take advantage of joint deflection in the piping system. The way our current template is set up every time we do this a station number is added at each joint deflection. We really dont want to show stations numbers on our plans or profiles at these locations as we would normally have a general note for the contractor to cover this. Normally we would only station beginning station,end station, fittings, valves and specific utility crossing based on easements and AHJ. Is there a way to only show specific stations along an alignment in plan and profile views?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Only show specific stations along an alignment in plan and profile

This can be done in the Alignment Label Styles, it will be best if you can upload a drawing just with 1 alignment in so I can show you how to edit it. It's ferly simple to do.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

It sounds like you're labels are setup to label the horizontal geometry locations along the alignment which is creating a label at each of those deflection points. You can edit which geometry get labels by editing the alignment labels. You should see a column labeled Geometry Points to Label. Press the button with the 3 dots in that column for the geometry point labels and a check list of points to label will come up.

As for adding specific locations to label, I think I would do it by adding Station Equations along the alignment for those locations. Station Equations were meant as a means of altering the stationing along an alignment but I find use for them as just tagging locations along an alignment without making any change to stationing. These station equation locations can be used for producing labels in both plan and profile. You'll find them on the Station Control tab of the alignment properties. They'll initially identify themselves with a numerical value, 1,2,3,etc, as their name but you can edit them to whatever you want and include that name in the labelling if you want.

Login to Give a bone

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. We were pushing deadlines here with Christmas and New Years. Here is a file with a single alignment with the labels applied.
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Two thoughts;

apply weeding at a distance that clears the unwanted labels out

use the CTRL + Select label(s) and then delete them.