See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Corrupt Civ3D files

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Corrupt Civ3D files

At first I though it was my server/network. I have never seen anything this weird in the area of corrupt Civ 3D files.

Something is deleting the files when saving. That gave thought to a virus. I isolated other files to my desktop and they are performing fine.

2 Questions

1) Does Wblock work for extracting the Civil 3D data to import into a fresh new Civ 3D file?

2) Any ideas of other solutions and what the issue might be?
    Last edited by tim_newsome; 2020-04-23 at 12:42 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Corrupt Civ3D files

Have you tried using LandXML?

What about using Data References to Data Shortcuts and then promoting the references to the new drawing?

Neither of those will catch all elements of a Civil 3D drawing, but should get most of the elements.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Hi
    I had the same issue a few years back. It turned out that I had logged out of autodesk 360, but the logged for some reason didn't completely disconnect. so every time I tried to save it was trying to save to the cloud but couldn't complete so it crashed. I did discover that when you save a temporary file with the ext .tmp if I remember correctly. Any way when I located these files in my temp folder and renamed them .dwg they opened fine. The strange thing was if I did a save as with a new name the save was fine.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by remi678731 View Post
    Hi
    I had the same issue a few years back. It turned out that I had logged out of autodesk 360, but the logged for some reason didn't completely disconnect. so every time I tried to save it was trying to save to the cloud but couldn't complete so it crashed. I did discover that when you save a temporary file with the ext .tmp if I remember correctly. Any way when I located these files in my temp folder and renamed them .dwg they opened fine. The strange thing was if I did a save as with a new name the save was fine.
    I think you are on the mark. I am going to reply with an image that came up in Civil 3D when I tried to delete the files on the server. I went to my autosave directory and opened the files and saved to C: drive and they are performing just fine. when I went to delete the ones on the server besides it taking 15 minute to delte 2 files this came up... going to post image in a new reply.