See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: AutoCAD Classic - Add Text Style Control Dialog Box to a Toolbar

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD Classic - Add Text Style Control Dialog Box to a Toolbar

I started using AutoCAD in the 1990s when release 10 was the latest and greatest. I have never like the space hogging ribbon especially now that I am working from home on a tiny laptop screen. Anyway I have been migrating AutoCAD Classic settings for a lot of years now. Migrating setting between computers still leaves a lot to be desired, but when I updated my personal laptop to 2021 it did the best job yet of migrating from the previous version I have encountered yet.

Now I am on my almost brand new work laptop. I just downloaded AutoCAD 2021 to the laptop and got (almost) all of my customizations and toolbars set. At work we have a number of preset text styles defined in our template and I would like to add a dialog box to my toolbar showing what the current text style is. I have this on my work desktop in an older version of AutoCAD, but right now accessing the office and that desktop computer is a challenge. I have searched the available tools for "TEXT", "CONTROL", and "DIALOG", but haven't been able to find where I can add one of those to my desired toolbar. Am I searching the things? Any ideas for an old dog refusing to learn new tricks (since she spends far more time in Revit than AutoCAD these days).

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD Classic - Add Text Style Control Dialog Box to a Toolbar

In the AutoCAD menu, turn on the Styles toolbar. If that isn't enough and you still want the one particular drop-down list on your custom toolbar, you need to use the CUI editor. In the left customization panel, expand the tree for your custom toolbar. Then in the acad.cuix, expand the Styles toolbar and drag the Text Style Control to your toolbar.
    Last edited by Ed Jobe; 2020-05-08 at 09:34 PM.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD Classic - Add Text Style Control Dialog Box to a Toolbar

Thank you Ed Jobe! That was exactly the info I needed!