Thread: mtext not visible

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default mtext not visible

I have a survey dwg with tree descriptions (mtext). I xref'd this survey into another blank drawing. when i'm in the new dwg and go to model space the text is visible.
    however, when i switch to paper space the tree is visible but the mtext is not. all the appropriate layers on either on, not frozen or not frozen in that viewport.
    i am at a loss as to what is going on. i've run audit. saved, closed and reopened. nothing seems to work.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: mtext not visible

Quote Originally Posted by rmk View Post
    I have a survey dwg with tree descriptions (mtext). I xref'd this survey into another blank drawing. when i'm in the new dwg and go to model space the text is visible.
    however, when i switch to paper space the tree is visible but the mtext is not. all the appropriate layers on either on, not frozen or not frozen in that viewport.
    i am at a loss as to what is going on. i've run audit. saved, closed and reopened. nothing seems to work.
    Annotative Scale?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

the text was annotative, but it was on the same scale. what i wound up doing is going back to the survey dwg and making all that text "not annotative" and set the height to what i wanted, save the dwg.
    opened the other dwg, reloaded the xref and bam, there it was. not sure if there is a glitch or maybe some other work around.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rmk View Post
    the text was annotative, but it was on the same scale. what i wound up doing is going back to the survey dwg and making all that text "not annotative" and set the height to what i wanted, save the dwg.
    opened the other dwg, reloaded the xref and bam, there it was. not sure if there is a glitch or maybe some other work around.
    Glad you figured it out.
    Sometimes "their scale" and "your scale" don't exactly match, like if it's not written the exact same way it doesn't count.
    I'm not an expert in the matter, but I've had similar issues where someone created a "custom" scale that looked the same but wasn't in the list of scales assigned to the block, and it didn't work.