Thread: Doing Revit 2019 Mechanical in Revit 2019 Architectural model

The Silent Type
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Doing Revit 2019 Mechanical in Revit 2019 Architectural model

Hi. Revit Newbie here. I'm doing my HVAC system, (as well as Electrical Power & Lighting, and Plumbing,) in my Architectural model, not using ME or P templates. Have loaded most ductwork, fittings, supply and return registers into the Project. Have placed supply registers and main rectangular duct runs from which the registers will be fed. Registers are rectangular with round fittings for connecting ductwork.

When I try to connect a register to the main duct run, I get an error/warning that says, "The routing solution failed because there is no default fitting type specified or the fitting cannot be found in the project. Ensure the fitting is loaded in the project and try again."

1. What is the "default fitting type" referenced in the warning?
    2. When I expand the warning, it says, "Warning 1 - Ducts: Round Duct: Default: kd 1625241." How do I find out what that fitting is, and where in the program it is located?
    3. Is there some additional step I need to do when I bring families into the Project? When I loaded the families for ducts, transitions, tees, registers, there didn't seem to be a need to activate anything or complete some other command.

Any help would be appreciated.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Doing Revit 2019 Mechanical in Revit 2019 Architectural model

Duct types have Routing Preferences and those are assigned to different duct fittings. That's the usual problem.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Doing Revit 2019 Mechanical in Revit 2019 Architectural model

if you go to "system" you will find duct fitting on the ribbon, select that and you will see a list of what fittings are already loaded into the project. Some of the default air terminals need to be attached to the open end of a take off (the software may need to add a transition for this to work) or some can be attached directly to a duct surface.