Hi guys, long time no see. For the new members, I used to be more active ten years ago.

Like many other firms we use Curtain Walls for Windows, and in our case the filling elements are Window families that contain a number of shared nested families. This way we can design our Windows very quickly and have the daylight objects available for automated daylight calculations.
Long story short, when we export the model to IFC, it does show the curtain wall and filling elements that have unnested geometry under one heading. However, shared nested families appear under their own individual headings in the hierarchy without any sense of relation between them and the curtain wall that they are part of.

As Dutch Revit users we use Smart Windows like many other companies, which is part of the Itannex Smart Revit packages (on which I did some maintenance a good while ago when I still worked for Itannex).

Is there a way to get all geometry that's part of the window under one Curtain Wall header, and still have the glass geometry exposed to the project for daylight calculations? Our daylight calculation tool does show this hierarchy in its output but that logic might be Revit proprietary. Any help or insights will be useful.