Thread: Mtext display field

Wish List Administration

Default Re: Mtext display field

Summary: show caps in display field if caps lock is on

Description: Our office produces drawings with text in caps. Many times I'll remove the caps lock on my keyboard for other things - email for instance. When I go back to AutoCAD I'll forget to put caps lock on and just start typing. I'd like to see the initial mtext display field show all caps if the caps lock is on. Otherwise the current display would remain as is with the first letter Capitalized and the rest of the default word in lower case.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Text

Submitted By: gtepe678922 on 06/11/2020

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Default Re: Mtext display field

FYI: ALL CAPS IS JUST AS HARD TO READ AND WASTES AS MUCH SPACE IN AUTOCAD DRAWINGS AS IT IS IN EMAIL, POSTS, BOOKS, OR ANYWHERE ELSE THE WRITTEN WORD IS USED.

You could create a reactor to change the system variable MTJIGSTRING when caps lock is changed.

In the late 1970's I was taught to do all hand lettering in caps while drawing because it was easier since top and bottom of each letter was the same height so we only had to use our Ames lettering guide to draw half as many lines. I understand change takes time but it amazes me that all caps is still being used in CAD drawings 38 years after AutoCAD was introduced "because that's how we've always done it" when there's very few of us left who remember why.

It's not 1980 anymore!

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Mtext display field

This wish has been reported as granted and already in the software.