Thread: Research Study on BIM in Facilities - great questions and suggestions

Login to Give a bone

Default Research Study on BIM in Facilities - great questions and suggestions

One of my coworkers knows the people conducting the study, so I took part.
    There are some good questions in there, with regard to what factors change in some facilities when they adopt BIM vs older processes.
    Many of those things never occurred to me, because it's never been done by any facility I've worked at... which is QA/QC of models and data at multiple points during the project, rather than just waiting until the end.

At the end of the research survey, you can sign up to receive the published study when they're done. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results. Let's help them collect some real world data, folks!
    https://unccprojectmosaic.az1.qualtr...xgw55v7NHsztKR

This survey is being conducted by the University of North Carolina-Charlotte (UNCC) to gain insight on how facility owners use BIM (Building Information Modeling) and other forms of visual data (3D laser scanning and 360 degree photographs) throughout the project life cycle. The survey consists of six sections which are directed to facility owners and their team(s). If you wish to contact UNCC about this survey, you may contact Dr.Glenda Mayo (Glenda.Mayo@uncc.edu) or Jesse Mallard (jmallard@uncc.edu).

Your participation in this survey will benefit UNCC and the industry as a whole in the following ways:

A) The results of the survey will assist in validating research for a thesis that has a focus on handover format types, storage of the data and the data use.
    B) Facilities Management personnel will benefit from the survey results by assessing the ways that BIM and visual data is used within the industry currently, and assist in closing knowledge gaps between Owners and Design and Construction teams.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Research Study on BIM in Facilities - great questions and suggestions

At the recent BIMxt user group meeting, there was a call put out to help with some research for Facilities Management, let's see if we can't offer them some data to publish!

CALLING ALL FACILITY MANAGERS AND OWNERS! Help me collect data for my thesis.

I am conducting a survey to determine how Owners and their teams use Building Information Modeling (BIM) and other forms of visual data (3D Laser Scanning, etc.). The survey is short and will extremely BENEFICIAL to my thesis research and those who take it! Results and analysis will be available if desired.

http://uncc.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bxgw55v7NHsztKR

Glenda Mayo, PhD, CDT, LEED-AP, ASCE | Assistant Professor

UNC Charlotte | The William States Lee College of Engineering

Department of Engineering Technology and Construction Management
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Research Study on BIM in Facilities - great questions and suggestions

Okay, this one isn't a collegiate research study But IFMA just put out a survey on digital twin.
    I've love loads of FM folks to chime in on this one!

results will be emailed to you if you fill in the email field
    https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/nSCN1O
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Technical Editor