Thread: Companies with the Best Online Revit Libraries

Login to Give a bone

Default Companies with the Best Online Revit Libraries

Since shifting my company to Revit 3yrs I have become committed to using the software to it's fullest and in doing so tend to specify products from companies that provide data rich Revit families for us to incorporate into our models for scheduling etc. It is always a headache when we are forced to specify a product where the BIM data is not available and we need to create the models ourselves at great time expense. Alternatively we are forced to use generic models which do not allow us any of the benefits of a product-specific model.

I am always hunting for companies that offer these resources. As an example i recently found this lighting company (Bega) which has a library with ~1800 data-rich revit families (2.5GB) downloadable as a single file (https://www.bega.com/en/service/planning-aids/). Finding these sorts of resources is like striking gold.

So with this in mind I would like to send out a call for information to this community to share resources like this which they can vouch for as reliable. I am not referring to websites like Revit City which offer user-built generic models, but rather actual companies. One other thing to bear in mind is the location of the company as there will implications in terms of availability and, of course, units (metric v imperial). We specifically are more Euro and Asia-Centric in terms of procurement and we use metric units, so maybe it's worth commenting on that when giving recommendations.

Hopefully we can pool our resources to build a database of companies together

ps please also provide specific links to the revit library rather than the company homepage.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Companies with the Best Online Revit Libraries

Have you tried BIMobject . Many companies are already providing their Revit families there

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Companies with the Best Online Revit Libraries

BIMObject is good. If you need a content library, Unifi is great and provides a bunch of manufacturer libraries. BIMSmith has a lot of good content.
    If you're looking for Lights and materials, I'd check out the Enscape page. It's a great realtime rendering solution, but there's also a bunch of free content there.

I don't trust the data I get from manufacturers. Using the 3rd parties mentioned above, with the exception of BIMObject, all of the content has been vetted.
    We ran into an issue once where a family from Knoll was pulled from their website. It looked fine, but bricked the model and cost us about 60 man hours.