Thread: Switching design options, main model elements become too dim / grayed-out / halftoned and cannot be seen well in PDF outp

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Switching design options, main model elements become too dim / grayed-out / halftoned and cannot be seen well in PDF outp

I'm working on a residential renovation & addition project, with 3 different design options for the rear addition. When I plot the elevation sheets to PDF, they show up too faint, and can't be seen well. Hard copy is just as bad. I'm having trouble finding out how to best manage this so that everything just prints "normally" (i.e. black). Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
    - Jason

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Switching design options, main model elements become too dim / grayed-out / halftoned and cannot be seen well in PDF outp

Have individual plotting views for each design option and set the view properties to show the specific design option. Have the active option set to Main Model.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Switching design options, main model elements become too dim / grayed-out / halftoned and cannot be seen well in PDF outp

Design Options only show one at a time for each Option Set. When you are editing a design option the main model is halftone/inactive to permit working on the elements of the design option alone. It isn't intended to print while editing a Design Option. Regardless Halftone Settings are adjustable via the Manage ribbon > Additional Settings > Halftone/Underlay.