Thread: Moving MEP model elements with linked in arch model

Login to Give a bone

Default Moving MEP model elements with linked in arch model

I have an MEP project where I have a main architectural link, a structural link, and another consultants building model all linked into the project. In elevation, the structural model and consultants building model are in the correct location and at the project basepoint at 0,0. The problem is the main architectural link was initially linked in 2 1/2" higher for w/e reason, and the team has been modeling with this offset difference for weeks and have a lot of design work already hosted all over the architectural link. What is the best way to move this arch link, as well as the copy/monitored levels and all the design work down 2 1/2", without affecting the structural and consultant models? The easiest way I can think is just by grabbing the architectural link and copy/monitored levels, and manually moving them down 2 1/2". Will all of our MEP design work in the main architects bldg move down with the levels and keep their original locations, with the exception of orphaned elements? Will I have to go back and move the orphaned elements down manually as well? If anyone knows a better way to do this please let me know!

**FYI the larger cloud is the main arch bldg I need to move, the smaller cloud to the right of it is the consultant building I need to keep at that level.
    Attached Images Attached Images