Thread: ISO a CAD consultant for scoping and finding resources for CAD automation project

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb ISO a CAD consultant for scoping and finding resources for CAD automation project

Howdy! I'm in need of some recommendations, I'm hoping to upgrade the AutoCAD automation my company currently uses, and looking for someone knowledgeable in CAD automation that could help me scope out repairing/replacing the stuff we currently have, and hopefully upgrade it to help cover processes currently being done by hand. My processes involve turning 2D data into 3D objects, programming objects around those 3D surfaces, and then ideally converting that object into CAM coding (G&M codes) for machining. Any info on a good programmer (ideally) or company or customizable Open Source software options, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ISO a CAD consultant for scoping and finding resources for CAD automation project

Quote Originally Posted by corbanr789688 View Post
    Howdy! I'm in need of some recommendations, I'm hoping to upgrade the AutoCAD automation my company currently uses, and looking for someone knowledgeable in CAD automation that could help me scope out repairing/replacing the stuff we currently have, and hopefully upgrade it to help cover processes currently being done by hand. My processes involve turning 2D data into 3D objects, programming objects around those 3D surfaces, and then ideally converting that object into CAM coding (G&M codes) for machining. Any info on a good programmer (ideally) or company or customizable Open Source software options, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    Have you tried searching the Resource Directory? This is individual contractors or small companies who offer services.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ISO a CAD consultant for scoping and finding resources for CAD automation project

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Have you tried searching the ? This is individual contractors or small companies who offer services.
    New to Augi so still exploring all the forums, that's a great recommendation... I'll check out the directory! Thanks for the help.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

!st thing you should explain where you are in the world makes it a bit easier for someone to put their hand up. Also explain a bit more type of components.

You can post at Cadtutor, forums/Autodesk and Theswamp they all have a programming section so can ask for help. There are many capable programmers or contributors with good skills I know of one like me that has just retired so may be interested.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I am free at the meantime and ready to write the programs that you want with reasonable fees.

Login to Give a bone

Good Morning, Thanks for the info and advise. I'm located in Oregon, USA. I'll take a look at the forums you suggest. Thansk

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-AL View Post
    !st thing you should explain where you are in the world makes it a bit easier for someone to put their hand up. Also explain a bit more type of components.

You can post at Cadtutor, forums/Autodesk and Theswamp they all have a programming section so can ask for help. There are many capable programmers or contributors with good skills I know of one like me that has just retired so may be interested.