See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: AutoCAD LT 2005 - Activation

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD LT 2005 - Activation

Hi
    I've been happily running my permanent-license copy of AutoCAD LT 2005 (purchased over 15 years ago) on my old desktop computer on Windows 10 Pro (through compatibility mode).
    I recently bought a replacement computer and, although LT 2005 installed fine, for a trial period only, the 'portable license utility' method of transferring the permanent license didn't work and my only option now is to provide an activation code.
    I have the original serial no. but I realise LT 2005 is no longer supported.
    Is there still a way of requesting an activation code from Autodesk or somewhere else?
    I don't particularly want to subscribe to the latest version as 2005 does everything I need.
    Any help appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD LT 2005 - Activation

Autodesk is not giving out activations for anything older than the 2011 version, and sometime next year (2021) this will extend to the 2016 versions.

Read more here:http://cadpanacea.com/wp/?p=2687

FYI: There are other non-Autodesk applications that can read/write your DWG files at a reduced cost.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Pity somebody with really deep pockets doesn't initiate legal action, If I can no longer run my legally licensed software due to artificially imposed constraints, I'd like the purchase price refunded.

Login to Give a bone

Good luck. I'm quite sure Autodesk has considered this and has deeper pockets than anyone who might challenge this from a legal standpoint.

What doesn't make sense is why don't they just let people that have the older software ride the wave out until O/S and/or hardware forces them to upgrade/change? At least there is a chance they become Autodesk subscribers down the road.
    That's a heck of a better PR move than what they are actually doing.
    Do you think any of these people who are being forced out, are going to be future Autodesk subscribers now?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

I don't think _anyone_ in a 21st century technology company C-suite has any interest or ability to even think about 'down the road'. At least any further that quarter after next. The goal is to grab as mucah lucre they can get away with, as quickly as they can grab it. Then pull a Mcafee and head to a beach somewhere

I've got one foot in the Carlson Intellicad world, and that's a much better maintenance subscription cost wise that autodesk rental. When I can no longer get Map 2018 to run, If i still have any use for CAD, that will be my go-to.