See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Maxwell for Revit Poll by Next Limit

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Maxwell for Revit Poll by Next Limit

Hi.. i got a question on the conversion,..

i guess that in the future we will still have the Accurender in Revit and use that as the interface to apply lighting materials and shadows?... and than with a plug-in in the stand-alone version of Maxwell importing a DWG with accurendermaterial into that program?

so Autocad users with Accurender would experience the same workflow?

so the conversion should be Accurender -> Maxwell?

just curious if my findings were right.

Alex

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

i guess that in the future we will still have the Accurender in Revit and use that as the interface to apply lighting materials and shadows
    I don't know. The factory have said that Accurender is tightly bound into the Revit code. AFAIK the existing API doesn't give access to the UV material information .

What I do know is that rendering engines are as an emotional subject as PC platforms Autodesk must be coming under pressure to open Revit to other packages. Particularly with ArchiCAD's excellent rendering support. The only option currently is to manipulate the XML embedded in the DWG or DXF.

DWG is a problem for most rendering packages (most can import DXF only) as DWG is a closed standard. It will be interesting to see what the Maxwell GUI can do... Any day hopefully.

?... and than with a plug-in in the stand-alone version of Maxwell importing a DWG with accurendermaterial into that program?
    I'm finding scene setup so easy that it doesn't bother me really. Would be nice to take Revit camera's and create Maxwell equivalents though.

Even the currently VIZ plugin can't do that. I'm currently evaluating Cinema 4D. Much easier to use than VIZ and half the price!!! With the money saved I can build a dedicated dualcore rendering box

Guy

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Was just reading about FBX. This seems to be a modern neutral format with a SDK. Perhaps we should be asking for this rather than a maxwell plugin.

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-se...bx/index.shtml

Have a look at the list of supported packages. It'd give us numerous rendering options all from one format.

Guy

Revit Moderator
    Login to Give a bone

Though I've been lurking for quite some time on these forums I figured this would be a good time to post. Even though I'm a Structural guy I thought I'd lend a hand since I enjoy looking at all the fantastic images everyone is creating. I would also like to thank all of you for the knowledge I have gained from this site and I look forward to contributing more in the near future. At the time of this post - SketchUp 164, Revit 158.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112