Thread: Text in dimensions do not move as they normally do.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Text in dimensions do not move as they normally do.

I have attached a dwg that has a dynamic block in it with some dimensions that change as the block is changed with the grips. In the dwg you can see some dims when shortened the dim text will move past the witness lines and it gets ugly and un-usable. The dim text normally stays centered between the witness lines. In the sample I have one dim that works like you would expect and the other does not. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what causes this with no luck. Both of the dims are the same dimstyle.

If you open the block using block edit and then select each of the dimensions at the pick point for placing them in the dwg and drag then you will see how different the dimension text behaves. The 10' dim on top the text moves and stays centered between the witness lines. The 10' dim on the bottom the text stays where it was and only the lines move. If you drag past where the text is both witness lines are outside of the dim text.

I have a lot of blocks with the goofy dims like this and unless there is a way to fix the offending dims I will to redo all of the dims and their actions over again. Way too much work and problem makes no sense. Thank you for any help you can give me on solving this mystery.
    Attached Files Attached Files