See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Multiple text lookup in dynamic block

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Multiple text lookup in dynamic block

I know blocks only allow one visability state per block (which saddens me), but is there a good way to put in multiple ways to lookup different text-based information? We have separate dynamic license seal and office location blocks that aren't part of the actual titleblock and I was looking at trying to incorporate them into it since users are requesting a dynamic titleblock that they can scale based on page demand which is simple enough, but since these two chunks of information lay outside of the titleblock they won't move with it. I was thinking lookup tables would help with this, but it seems designed for parameters when I am just trying to find a way to display multiple forms of mtext-based information.

Thanks for the help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiple text lookup in dynamic block

We use a Block Table in our dynamic title block for switching the signing professional's name and license numbers.

You can link a Lookup to an Attribute to provide a selection of text values. Add a Lookup Set, add values in the far right column, set the default value of the attribute to be a field (blockplaceholder) and select the name of the Lookup. Insert a new block for testing.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the tip MMccall, just started playing with it and this looks like a great solution for the office info portion in our case, maybe will be able to use it in other areas as well. My seal block is...sealy...because it accommodates for multiple states and personal desires so trying to get it setup for that seems more work than I want to put into that part.

Login to Give a bone

One other thing: Block tables and lookup values don't allow you to directly type in line shifts into their editors, however you can paste in values with line shifts and they'll work just fine with a multilined attribute.

Login to Give a bone

I think I kept it pretty simple by creating a separate attribute for each line of the office info. If I had one complaint it's that I felt the need to create a fake attribute on the defpoints layer so that the list looked good when a user would select through them, but that's a small price to pay.