See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Create a station offset and surface elevation call out all in one note?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Create a station offset and surface elevation call out all in one note?

Is there a way to create a station offset and surface elevation call out all in one note? I don't see an elevation option in the descriptors for any station offset label and vice versa.
    I looked in the ACAD app store and did not see anything related.
    TT

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Create a station offset and surface elevation call out all in one note?

Yes you can. In the label style editor you simply add a Reference Text component to the label.

On the layout tab in the label style editor there is a button to the right of the Component name cell. The bottom selection is Reference text component. A list of reference objects will appear. Choose Surface. Now you can specify the label to show the surface elevation.

When placing this label you will be prompted to select a surface for use in the label. If you're editing a label style for labels that have already been placed, those labels will show ??? where the surface elevation should be. Select those labels and you'll see there is a section in the label properties to select a surface for those labels to use.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Create a station offset and surface elevation call out all in one note?

Thanks MM. That worked.
    How would I have access to this created label style as one of the choices in other drawings without having to recall the drawing I created and copy the label style over to the current drawing?
    TT

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Add it to your drawing template file and it will be there for all new files.

For existing files you can use the Import styles tool from the Manage tab on the ribbon and import the style from the template drawing.