Thread: Pipe Tags with elevations

Login to Give a bone

Default Pipe Tags with elevations

Is there a method developed to make a pipe tag (or MEP Fabrication Pipework tag) with elevations (CL or BOP) read out as per mean sea level? Any help is greatly appreciated!

So my level says "2220'-6"... but my pipe elevations are saying "BOP 14'-0"... which isn't terrible, I can add a note that states that all pipe elevations are relative to floor elevation... yada yada...

Here's where it gets a little sticky.

I have a 3.5' recessed area with piping in there and leaving the area and tying into equipment in the upper level.
    So this pipe is 14'-0" BOP from the recessed area, and 10'-6" BOP from the upper level. You can only have a pipe associated to one reference level. So I tag the pipe in the recessed area, it shows 14'-0" BOP. All good, right?
    I tag the same pipe in the upper area, it, still says 14'-0" BOP. This is not so cool.
    So short of putting a break in the pipe and assigning one part of the pipe to one level, the other part to the other level, I would like to be able to apply a mean sea level elevation to those tags. No fuss, no muss....

Don't get me started on BOP tags when you add insulation to pipes (especially MEP Fab Pipework). That's a whole other topic for another day.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pipe Tags with elevations

i assume you're using a plan region to show this area outside of your normal view range? i personally wouldn't tag the same pipe twice in the set. can you get away with showing the height tags in the view that makes the most sense, and put a box around and say "see other sheet for pipe elevations in this area" on the other floor.
    hth,
    mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pipe Tags with elevations

As of right now, I called out the pipe with elevation in the one area, and tag the pipe with no elevation in the other.

But having real elevations is preferred by many PM's anyway. So getting through this situation doesn't equal to it being "fixed". I, and most PM's I work with, still would rather see real elevations.

I got them to agree that placing that note that piping elevations are based off floor being "0.00", and they agree that's ok "for now", but we really need to find a way to show real elevations.