Thread: Plotting Issues - or rather opening the plot issues...

Login to Give a bone

Default Plotting Issues - or rather opening the plot issues...

I hope you are well, thanks for taking the time to read
    I need a bit of a back and forth I think because I'm lost...and I don't really know where to start...again

I have an issue where the plot says it completes without errors but it won't open the file. I should mention the preview looks fine.
    I get the following error in Adobe: "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired."

I am 95% sure its the font causing the issue because I have this issue on the 2 files with this font and not on any others.
    It is a TTY font (I am not font aware - this means nothing to me) but I installed it like the instructions said, there are no warnings or anything in the text style or anywhere else, and the font is showing properly on screen.

This was started by someone else, who uses CAD for Mac (but I've received many other workable files from him before) I'm a PC'er

I have tried multiple things, but nothing I am finding seems to actually fix my issue...probably because I'm not even sure what the issue is...
    There are a lot of posts that say the "Optimize Settings" needs to be turned off - I don't seem to have that option so I don't think it pertains to my particular issue
    I've Audited, Purged, Regen'd, and a few others to no avail...

Any other ideas of what I could try or suggestions of the problem...

I am using AutoCAD 2021 and until this, it worked great...

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Plotting Issues - or rather opening the plot issues...

Have you tried plotting it to paper instead? I doubt you would have any better luck.
    I'd change it to a standard Windows font like Arial or Arial Narrow. For a TTF file to work in Windows it must be installed in the Windows Font folder. I don't know if a TTY font would work there or not. As AutoCAD for Windows ended support for PostScript font years ago SHX and TTF are the only ones you can use for plotting as far as I know. Adobe is pickier than AutoCAD as far as fonts are concerned. Years ago the original default font for the Plot Stamp in AutoCAD wouldn't plot to PDF so they changed it afterwards.