Thread: BricsCAD

Login to Give a bone

Default BricsCAD

Has anyone looked into BricsCad software? Appears they have made incredible improvements to their newest release as well it seems to have a much lower price point.
    Noticed there was a free trial available and wondered if anyone else has thought about integrating it into their workflow?

Check out the 30-day free trial.
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2020-12-29 at 11:31 PM. Reason: no links for new members

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: BricsCAD

Quote Originally Posted by cswearingen View Post
    Has anyone looked into BricsCad software? Appears they have made incredible improvements to their newest release as well it seems to have a much lower price point.
    Noticed there was a free trial available and wondered if anyone else has thought about integrating it into their workflow?

Check out the 30-day free trial.
    I haven't considered it for work, because in Facilities, we have to use vendor developed plug-ins that only work with Revit and AutoCAD (and no offense, but, our IWMS software is WAY more expensive than our Autodesk products, soooooo).

BUT, I have considered trying it out on my own pc to see how I like it. The coverage I've seen indicates that it has constant development and it is customizable with similar skills I've already learned with AutoCAD.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: BricsCAD

Okay, Craig. I have been trying it!

I haven't given it too much of a deep dive yet. Just opened some of my older files to see how the program would handle them (tons of hatching, lots of text clutter, attributes, etc.). I'm a pretty big fan. Especially after I downloaded the bonus tools and could BURST again, and I see they have a way to manage sets of drawings which is a must for me.

There are things I have not tried yet, more 3d features, parametric blocks, point clouds, customization and programming (aside from a brief run through their macro recorder), BUT of the things I did try... my favorites are Blockify, CopyGuided, Simplify & Optimize.
    Those things also helped me identify some sloppiness I'd missed when receiving these drawings initially. Good stuff.

The next thing I should really try is editing things and creating new drawings in BricsCAD, THEN using them in AutoCAD and seeing if there are any issues. That would be the real test for me.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost