Thread: 2019 PDF wont plot, 2021 PDF missing hatches

Login to Give a bone

Default 2019 PDF wont plot, 2021 PDF missing hatches

OK, this is driving me batty....

In 2019 C3D, I've got two sheets that I can publish to PDF, and they look on-screen as expected both in CAD and Acrobat.. If I try to print a hard-copy - Acrobat just spins and spins flatttening, and then craps out with a message that it can't print.

If I open the same DWG sheet files in 2021 C3D, I can plot a PDF and print it just fine, except that some of the hatch patterns that show on screen in CAD, are missing from the PDF.

I need to provide a printable Ansi D PDF for the client and contractors, but at this point none of my choices are acceptable.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2019 PDF wont plot, 2021 PDF missing hatches

We're using the Acrobat Pro DC here and haven't had any issues, but I've seen posts about hatching issues related to being to dense. You may need to adjust the MaxHatch environmental variable or the HPMAXLINES system variable. Until we got it though I had great results from DWG to PDF.pc3 included with AutoCAD. They made a lot of improvements over the years recognizing fonts and storing text as text. Their PDF's are small and plot very clean. Might be worth a shot.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 2019 PDF wont plot, 2021 PDF missing hatches

I'm using the AutoCAD supplied driver, and other than these two sheets, it's been fine.

It appears that the problem is with annotative hatches -- for a work around, I duplicated my base file for each plotting scale, set CANNOSCALE in modelspace to where I needed it to plot , different scale for each change in sheet scale, and set the hatch patterns to non-annotative. This is the bid set going to contractors, so edits should all be done and over with.

Will check the variables you mentioned in my 2021, but for now I calling this a bug with annotative hatches.