See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Looking for Build Suggestion

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Looking for Build Suggestion

Hey Buddy,

I'm new in this group and wanted to build my first gaming PC for gaming and video editing works (I'm thinking to start my own channel). Also, I frequently use software like AutoCAD for doing some works.

As I'm a student, I'm not able to spend much on PC Parts so I'm confused about which graphics card should I choose in my build?

Here is my build which I'm thinking to buy, please guide me is this graphics card okay for my build? And please help me in reducing the cost of my build.

PC Builder Part List:

1. Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K, 8 Cores & 8 Threads Unlocked Desktop Processor with Intel UHD Graphics 630 ($269.00 @ Amazon US)

2. Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) M.2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 DDR4 HDMI DP CFX Dual Gigabit LAN ATX Z390 Gaming Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon US)

3. CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU Air Cooler, SF120R RGB Fan, 4 CD 2.0 Heatpipes, Anodized Gun-Metal Black, Brushed Nickel Fins, RGB Lighting ($39.00 @ Amazon US)

4. Case: NZXT H510 - CA-H510B-W1 - Compact ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case - Front I/O USB Type-C Port - Tempered Glass Side Panel - Cable Management System - Water-Cooling Ready ($62.99 @ Amazon US)

5. Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO Ultra Gaming, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fans ($741.99 @ Amazon US)

6. RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series, 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-4266MHz 288-Pin SDRAM Desktop Memory with CL19 ($199.99 @ Amazon US)

7. Storage: Samsung EVO 970 1TB PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe M.2-2280 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology & 1024MB Cache ($139.99 @ Amazon US)

8. Power Supply: Corsair CX 650 Series, 80+ Bronze Certified 650W Modular Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon US)

Total: $1,653
    Generated by PC Builder on 22nd of December, 2020
    Last edited by Wanderer; 2020-12-22 at 06:50 PM. Reason: no links allowed for new users

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Looking for Build Suggestion

Due to the holidays, you may need to wait a bit before anyone with that knowledge comes around to help you out.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Hello!

I can't speak much for gaming, but AutoCAD and CAMtasia run just fine on most stock pc builds these days.
    Since you mention cost, I should point out that you could go onto most computing manufacturer websites 'outlet' areas and pick up a return or refurb for a fraction of your estimated cost here that would be more than sufficient. I've been successfully using those types of machines (all laptops) for years without any issue.

If you want to be extra careful and make sure your graphics card will be sufficient, you can check the official approved list from Autodesk here.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

You should also check out: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...m-requirements
    The requirements differ depending on what AutoCAD software and version you're using.
    Civil 3D requirements are higher than AutoCAD and there was a significant jump in requirements for the 2019 versions so look for requirements for the software and version you will be using.
    Your specs are a lot better than I've ever had the chance to work on. I've always had a better PC at home than work for running AutoCAD.