See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Vehicle Tracking upgrade alert

Login to Give a bone

Default Vehicle Tracking upgrade alert

Okay – here’s the setup. We are currently using both Civ 3D 2018 and 2020 for active projects. A team member was bouncing between projects, and inadvertently worked on a 2018 version project using 2020. A number of files - model and sheets - were modified.

We are now seeing the Vehicle Tracking update alert all over the place. We have tried a number of suggestions from the interwebs – PURGEVEHICLETRACKING the most obvious, but the alert is still prevalent.

Looking through the forums here, and on AutoDesk, there doesn’t seem to be much else. The above-mentioned Purge command doesn’t seem to be working – I run the command, it thinks, looks like it does something, then tells me I have to save, shut down C3D, and re-open to complete. Yet, in the reopening, it still displays the alert approximately 6-8 times.

I’m not seeing anything recently posted about this, so maybe there is some fix available, or another command that might work better. I’ve tried backsaving from the ‘corrupted’ 2020 files, and reopening, but – again, same thing. It’s too late in the design process to force a complete upgrade, as well as the contract states using 2018 version.

I’d rather not have to restore from backups from 2+ weeks ago.

Anything?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Vehicle Tracking upgrade alert

Quote Originally Posted by magnusonzach View Post
    It’s too late in the design process to force a complete upgrade, as well as the contract states using 2018 version.
    Well, there is no way to really tell the difference between a drawing edited in Civil 3D 2018 and one edited in Civil 3D 2020, except for the VT garbage that you now have.
    I guess this is what is limiting you from just continuing the work in 2020?

Suggestion: Call your reseller and make them work on this problem for you. They have access to back door support @ Autodesk that we don't.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

How many xrefs are attached to the drawing showing this behavior? All attached drawings with this problem will cause that warning to pop-up. Run the PURGEVEHICLETRACKING in all xrefs. That should clear it up. You might also try the data referenced drawings also.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Well, after a lot of trial and error - I think I have this worked out. I needed to first make a copy of each of the files and open that one (xxx - Copy.dwg). Then after I ran the PURGEVEHICLETRACKING command, I did a Save-As over the "real" version. It's not very clear in all the documentation that you need to do the Save-As in order to make the Purge stick.

I also had to clean out the xrefs, as there was one that I wasn't aware of influencing a whole bunch. I had cleaned up the sheets, but because of the xref, it was causing it to pop back up. Such a mess.

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

It's been a long time since I started this thread:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil...y/td-p/8051334

If memory serves, there's an "SVY_VEHICLETRACKING_DATA" dictionary created by simply opening in newer version (that shouldn't be created until user invokes an AVT command), that stores a DrawingSettings entry... If no AVT data is needed to be retained in that drawing, that Dictionary can be removed programmatically via AcadDoc.lsp, externally via ObjectDBX, etc to quickly 'clean' multiple drawings.

You can also create a Script file to invoke the PURGEVEHICLETRACKING command and selectively employ Core Console on individual drawings in parallel:

https://forums.augi.com/showthread.p...=1#post1339054

HTH
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2021-01-07 at 09:52 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    If memory serves, there's an "SVY_VEHICLETRACKING_DATA" dictionary created by simply opening in newer version (that shouldn't be created until user invokes an AVT command), that stores a DrawingSettings entry... If no AVT data is needed to be retained in that drawing, that Dictionary can be removed programmatically via AcadDoc.lsp, externally via ObjectDBX, etc to quickly 'clean' multiple drawings.
    That is some good stuff right there ^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks @BlackBox!
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |