Thread: Visibility Issue: Copy monitored structural column family no cutting in plan

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Visibility Issue: Copy monitored structural column family no cutting in plan

I've tried to work around this as much as possible but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution.

A structural column copy monitored from another structural revit file has a column capital that does not cut in plan, therefore the column capital is obstructing the walls / objects below in the architectural plan.

1. I have tried to edit the family and change the visibility settings of the capital to not show in plan, but this didn't work
    2. I have edited the family and unchecked 'show family pre-cut in plan views, but this did not work
    3. I have change the view range of the family, as well as the visibility settings of the linked revit file but this did not work.
    4. Loading the family in my own revit file, and placing the column manually results in the column cutting, however the structural columns need to be monitored for changes or the entire task is redundant.

A work around is to change the transparency of the column to 100% and edit the visibility of the column capital as overhead lines, but this is rather undesirable.

Please see the images for reference

Is there a possible solution to this issue?

Revit Ver 2019

Thanks very much in advance,

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images