See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Inexpensive Revit while on Covid layoff?

Login to Give a bone

Default Inexpensive Revit while on Covid layoff?

Hello

Is there an inexpensive way to have a functional seat of Revit while I am laid off? New or Used. I'm hoping to get a release that is not more that a few years old. I've already used the 30 day trial period of the current release. Does Autodesk have a program for folks who are laid off like they did in 2008?

Thanks for any help.

Nardo

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Inexpensive Revit while on Covid layoff?

If you are just wanting to have access to Revit to be able to continue skill development I would suggest trying to contact Autodesk to see if they can give you full access to a Student version. If you are wanting a version to continue working with in a professional setting and to possibly produce drawings to sell then I don't think you have many options other than getting a license.

Login to Give a bone

Marmiketin

I called and talked to a rep a few months ago. He said there was no such option. I asked about the program that they did that very thing in 2008-2009 and he said he never heard of that. I think Autodesk has such a high turnover that almost no one has been there ten years. Being software dependent sucks.

Do any Autodesk employees ever check this forum? If so, Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Nardo

Login to Give a bone

You won't be able to save anything, but you can use Revit in Viewer Mode to practice.

Also, what about getting Revit LT? There's actually a special offer right now for the LT Suite (Revit & ACAD LT) that's $10 less than Revit alone: https://www.autodesk.com/products?page=2 (note for future readers: the special offer may no longer be available).

Login to Give a bone

There's always the Trial Version. Good for 30 Days. Tied to an email address and your hard drive Serial number if I'm not mistaken.
    So buy an external for $50, create a new email address and make up your company name.

You can't sell Autodesk Software second hand. Not sure you really ever could. In the EULA, they specify that you're basically renting it. Try to sell it well land you court. There's been a few cases of that over the years, even for those who purchased a perpetual license. You don't really own software anymore, you purchase a license and renew it.

So to answer the question, no you can't really buy one. You can become a Beta tester, and you might get access that way. I'm sure there's non-legal ways to go about getting it, but I'm not sure it worth losing everything you own for it. Check with the local Tech Collage or High School and see if you can "Enroll" in a class and go for a student version. You're only really going to be able to practice anyway. If you use their software to make money and it's a Not For Commercial Use, you risk everything you own and potentially jail time. Not worth cheating the system in my opinion.