Thread: hatch pattern on subregions.

Wish List Administration

Default Re: hatch pattern on subregions.

Summary: Sometimes I need to show a pattern on my paths and roads.

Description: It would be great if I could attach a pattern to my sub regions. I can't understand why it's not an option. It makes no sense. Most site plans show different textures in paths and roads. Why can't Revit do this. AutoCAD can do this???

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Site tools

Submitted By: anoumm434097 on 01/23/2021

Hi, I assume you are talking about toposurface as you mention Sub-Regions, is this the case? If so then yes this is true, for some reason, Surface patterns are not available, and this is a great shame, it could be so useful. A Filled region could be used as work around, but then they cannot be seen in 3D views. It is for this this we often use floors for hardscaping, these can then have a surface material to show the different finishes. We could split the floors and divide to apply different materials in sub regions but then they only show up in the view you do, so separate floor is the answer for each region. I'm sure you know all this already. That said, it would great if Topos could have patterns in each region.

100 Club

The reason this is not possible in revit for Subregions is the fact that topo surfaces often slope in multiple different directions. Hatch patterns in revit are defined on a single plane and do not have the ability to skew the way they would need to for it to be readable how you want in a site plan. The way Revit is setup currently it would be like trying to wrap a a square grid around a sphere but having all the squares still remaining as perfect squares.