Thread: New Pressure Pipe release Path vs Parts

Login to Give a bone

Default New Pressure Pipe release Path vs Parts

I have recently reviewed pressure pipes and updated C3D to 2021.2. I have used pressure pipes in the past on a limited basis, usually just in details.

Currently working on a 450' fused HPDE DR7 bore project and thought it would be interesting to see if I could use C3D Pressure pipes to help with the presentation and update my skills on a simple project.

Created a simple profile under a road and stream so we would know the elevations and expected to be able to create the pressure network for the bore. This is when I ran into the the new PATH "method(?)" for pressure network creation.

"Path-Based Pressure Networks
    Dynamic path-based pressure networks were introduced in Autodesk Civil 3D 2021."

As best I can tell nothing works with the new Path method. Apparently all networks are created with the Path setting. All the profile commands claim they are "Part" based commands and do not work. There is supposedly is a way to create part based networks:

"Creating a part-based pressure network in plan view involves specifying default settings in the Create Pressure Pipe Network dialog box" however I saw nothing (in numerous tries) to actually create a part based pressure network once in 2021.2.

Is anyone even attempting to use pressure networks with this "Path" new method and are there any real references/guides/instructions/videos? The Autodesk references appear to be limited to the Part based method and have not been successfully updated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: New Pressure Pipe release Path vs Parts

Directional bores are needed for nearly every one of our projects.

While I use gravity/pressure Pipe Networks to make everything easy to label in plan view, I only depict those in profile view for open-cut segments.

To depict directional bore segments in profile view, I simply create a Profile for each, using 'tangents with curves' with the applicable Curve Settings for either the HDPE diameter's minimum bend radius or the bore machine's degree of curvature (based on the size/mobility of the drill head being used, if known, which is often much larger radius than HDPE minimum bend radius).

HTH
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000