Thread: I wish Revit would allow you to continue typing in the properties when your cursor rolls away

Wish List Administration

Default I wish Revit would allow you to continue typing in the properties when your cursor rolls away

Summary: When modifying type properties, if you roll your cursor away from the properties box, everything you typed just disappears. I do not see any reason for this "functionality" and it is very frustrating. In the past ten years of using Revit, I have lost hours of time retyping things because the mouse moved.

Description: When modifying type properties, if you roll your cursor away from the properties box, everything you typed just disappears. I do not see any reason for this "functionality" and it is very frustrating. In the past ten years of using Revit, I have lost hours of time retyping things because the mouse moved.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Other

Submitted By: zach222619 on 02/15/2021

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

Default Re: I wish Revit would allow you to continue typing in the properties when your cursor rolls away

Bump. Any way to turn this off?

Default Re: I wish Revit would allow you to continue typing in the properties when your cursor rolls away

Quote Originally Posted by zach222619 View Post
    Bump. Any way to turn this off?
    You can edit the Revit.ini to disable the auto-apply.

Look for "DisableMppAutoApply" on this page: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...79FDF-htm.html ... if you've not edited the INI before, explore the links on the page for guidance on how to do that.

can we edit comments