See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: remote work, dble clicking

Login to Give a bone

Default remote work, dble clicking

I'm working remotely, using Remote Desktop Services to access the PC in the office, and generally, it works pretty well. The irritating issue is that, in AutoCAD / C3D in articular, single mouse clicks are treated as double clicking-, so there's a lot of backing-up that has to happen. One example, clicking once on a viewport not only selects it, but runs VPMAX, forcing me to run VPMIN manually, and then select the viewport entity with a crossing window. Really irritating when I'm trying to grip-edit the viewport and change its size.

This does not happen (at least to any noticeable extent) in any other program, but is highly obvious in AutoCAD applications, Are there any setting I can play around with to affect this behavior? I've already tried setting double-click speed on both the remote and local PC, but that does not seem to have any real impact,

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: remote work, dble clicking

Very strange; I too work remotely a lot and have no issues with single click resulting in double clicks.

If it only happening within ACAD/C3D alone, that sounds like a CUI (or Options?) setting somewhere.

You don't have a macro-enabled mouse with app-specific settings do you (same button, different functionality in different apps)?

You are RDP into your physical machine (your Profile, settings, etc) or RD Web?
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

RDP into my login -- other than the double click issue, it's the same experience as sitting at the office. Well, other than responsiveness with giant SID files loaded....) (unexpected double click does happen in Windows too, just not as obvious I guess, since a lot of my windows stuff is just files organization, mostly right clicks.

Same mouse at home and office, and nothing customized at either end, no macros or app specific tweaks.

Since it suddenly seemed to increase in frequency, I suspect that my friendly IT folk did something on the back end -- Googling shows up some similar problems, caused by the IT configuration w./ citrix.

Login to Give a bone

I may have a working bandaid, by being asymmetrical. I've set the double click speed on the local machine to the maximum on the slider, and the remote desktop to the slowest. At the moment, that seems to be getting somewhere useful.

or IT changed something in the VPN config....