See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Rims elevations on FES

Login to Give a bone

Question Rims elevations on FES

I have been using wipeout to control (hide) the rim elevation in my structure tables. This is a pain when updating the table with additional structures etc. I know this has been an ongoing issue but is there a way to a information to the FES (i.e. a frame field to the part)
    that could be used to control the rim elevation reading in a table?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Rims elevations on FES

Is the RIM elevation coming in as ???

Are you using custom parts?

Can you provide a sample drawing demonstrating what is currently occurring and one showing your desired results?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Opie,
    Attached is a simple file with a network and structure table. It is reading ??? in the table. I'm sure this is due to there being no value in the part for the table to read. I was hoping to add to the part so a result of n/a could be returned in the table.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I guess you really want a solution, huh? The FES you are using has a catalog part type of "Struct_InletOutlet". This part type does not have those particular properties assigned to it. They will need to be assigned, but how?

In your Pipe Catalog folder location, which is OOTB located at "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2018\enu\Pipes Catalog". Within this folder, you would have additional folders. Some contain data files for your pipes, some for your structures, a few others, and one that contains shared data for various elements of the pipe catalog.

Within that folder, you will find a file named "AeccPartParamCfg.xml". Within this file, if you can read XML, you will see different parameters. Toward the end of this file, you should see an XML branch for "AeccParamUsage". This branch contains different Part Domain Configurations (AeccPartDomainCfg).

If you find the Part Domain for "Structure_Junction", you will see all of the common parameters associated with parts in that domain. I know, this isn't the domain that a FES would reside in. You will need to scroll down a little more to find the "Struct_InletOutlet" domain. If you compare these two domains, you will see the Frame, Grate, and Cover parameters are included in the structures, but not in the Inlets/Outlets.

Before you begin, you may want to have all users you have access to this file to exit out of the program. Also, make a copy for backup purposes.

You can copy these three optional parameters, i.e.: StructFrame, StructGrate, and StructCover, to the Inlet/Outlet part domain. Save this file. Re-open Civil 3D and the drawing in question. You will then need to edit each FES and set these properties to your desired setting. Your table should then update on saving of the properties for each FES.

What is typed for each of these settings will then be saved in the "AeccSharedPropertyList.xml" file associated with that Part Catalog.

HTH.

BTW, this was helped by this post.

After further reading on the referenced post, the suggested properties to add, could actually be added to the "Struct_Domain", and commented out for the "Struct_Junction" domain. This would allow those properties to be added to all structure types.
    Last edited by Opie; 2021-03-30 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Additional information.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Opie,

Thanks for the aid here. I omitted the rim field for the end section. This may be more problematic so resolve. I would like the rim column in the table to return a N/A for an end section. Can this be added to as a parameter to the part or is it a heavier lift than that?

- - - Updated - - -

Login to Give a bone

As the Rim Insertion Elevation is a numeric field, I do not believe this solution will work. I am also not certain of a solution that will fill the Rim column out as you would like.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Opie,
    I finally was able to get the rim column to return a blank field. Attached is a drawing with the finished product table. Appreciate the help on this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Through a combination of the steps I posted on the 30th and an expression, you were able to get the output desired. Great job.

And I am not trying to toot my horn here. Just pointing out what was necessary as the Inlet-Outlet Structure part type does not have the necessary parameters used in the attached drawings in this thread.
    jUSt