Thread: Edit overlapping regions and pads without canceling out of command

Wish List Administration

Default Re: Edit overlapping regions and pads without canceling out of command

Summary: It's difficult to see all existing subregions or pads while creating a new subregion or pad. And when they overlap, there is no way to fix the problem without canceling out of the command. This uses a lot of time for nothing.

Description: Sometimes creating a pad or subregion takes a lot of time and effort. Then, when trying to close the region or pad there is an error message saying the pads or regions overlap. While in the building pad command, it's impossible to see the existing pads already in the project. When I get the error, I have to cancel out of the command, and start all over again. I can copy what I have already done, but then it's still hard to find the overlapping offender. Please do something about this so I can fix the overlapping pads or regions without having to start all over again. This is a no brainer. How is this not an option????

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Site tools

Submitted By: anoumm434097 on 04/26/2021

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Edit overlapping regions and pads without canceling out of command

Edit overlapping regions and pads without canceling out of command

Summary: It's difficult to see all existing subregions or pads while creating a new subregion or pad. And when they overlap, there is no way to fix the problem without canceling out of the command. This uses a lot of time for nothing.

Description: Sometimes creating a pad or subregion takes a lot of time and effort. Then, when trying to close the region or pad, there is an error message saying the pads or regions overlap. Also why isn't there a way to pick lines of subregions while making an adjacent subregion? This which would alleviate the overlapping problem. While in the building pad command, it's impossible to see the existing pads already in the project. When I get the error, I have to cancel out of the command, and start all over again. I can copy what I have already done, but then it's still hard to find the overlapping offender. Please do something about this so I can fix the overlapping pads or regions without having to start all over again. This is a no brainer. How is this not an option????

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Edit overlapping regions and pads without canceling out of command

Description: Sometimes creating a pad or subregion takes a lot of time and effort. Then, when trying to close the region or pad, there is an error message saying the pads or regions overlap. Also why isn't there a way to pick lines of subregions while making an adjacent subregion? This which would alleviate the overlapping problem. While in the building pad command, it's impossible to see the existing pads already in the project. When I get the error, I have to cancel out of the command, and start all over again. I can copy what I have already done, but then it's still hard to find the overlapping offender. Please do something about this so I can fix the overlapping pads or regions without having to start all over again. This is a no brainer. How is this not an option????

Wish List Administration