Thread: Auto create wipeouts

Wish List Administration

Default Re: Auto create wipeouts

Summary: To select a closed polyline that crosses another and have the app create a wipeout of the intersecting geometry.

Description: In drawings where plans or sections show multiple pieces of apparatus on top of each other it would be nice to be able to select a closed polyline which intersects another closed polyline- have the program determine the intersecting boundary and create a wipeout from it. Then I don't have to trim all unseen areas and break the polylines. I an also create detail views for each piece of equipment without having to copy the whole section multiple times. This leads to greater accuracy when editing the equipment.
    This would also entail the wipeouts having the ability to use non linear geometry.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Draworder

Submitted By: rfarlowinaz on 06/23/2021

Default Re: Auto create wipeouts

Quote Originally Posted by rfarlowinaz View Post
    <snip>

Then I don't have to trim all unseen areas and break the polylines.

<snip>
    In the interim... Try isolating the entities you're after, and use BPOLY Command in lieu of breaking/trimming... Then use the resultant polylines for your wipeouts.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000