See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multileader Source Block will not update

Login to Give a bone

Default Multileader Source Block will not update

Does anyone have a solution to problem of changing the source block for multiple leaders at the same time? I have about 500 callouts that use the circle tag as a source block for my multileader style. I need to change all 500 or more to a user defined source block. When the multileader style is changed, the block stays as circle. If I choose multiple entities and change the source block to the user block, only one changes. I have 500 or more to change and don't want to have to do them one at a time. I've gone through the threads and see that this same question has been asked many time over the years and there is never an answer. There is a lot of "oh, it's a bug they're working on" or wise cracks about "good luck". I would appreciate any help from anyone who has solved the mystery. I've attached a shot of what I'm talking about. The one on the left is the standard "Circle" tag and the one on the right is my user block.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multileader Source Block will not update

Well I toyed around with this a bit and I did get it to work, but when adjusting the attribute (font, obliquing angle in the style) it seems to work only once per drawing, I'm sure it has something to do with re-defining the block.
    Every time I started a new drawing with this block in it, it changed to whatever the new block was, but if I changed the block drawing again and ran it, it redefined the block but didn't seem to change the attribute style.

If you use a script that redefines the block that the Mleader is using, and force an attsync and regenall it works most of the time
    Tested and it updated all Mleaders in the dwg to the new block and attribute style.

We use script pro, so that is something that could be run on multiple drawings.
    You would need to use your path and block name(s)

Code:
    attreq
    -insert
    "<block name>=C:\<user block name>.dwg"

erase
    last

attsync
    name
    <block name>
    attreq
    regenall
    qsave

Login to Give a bone

I don't think that redefining the block is the solution they're looking for. While it would make the drawing 'look' correct, the block name would be confusing. e.g. if the current block shown is called 'circle' and you redefined it to look like a square, it would be confusing. It also might cause problems with other drawings using the same style. What you need is a program that would cycle through all the leaders with the style in question and replace the block with the correct one specified by the style.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

Thank you Ted but that didn't seem to do it. I appreciate the input though. It was worth a try. What I have is a multileader style that uses "_tagcircle". When I change the multileader style to the style I have that uses my user block, the block stays as "_tagcircle" instead of updating. If I create an new leader the block comes in fine but the existing leaders do not update the block so I have to change them one at a time in the properties. Very time consuming! Match properties doesn't work, selecting them all and changing the block in properties only changes one leader and not all of them. I've seen this problem on the forums several times of the years but I can't find one that had a solution and apparently the developer has never addressed the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly Ed!!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell.33181 View Post
    Exactly Ed!!
    Unfortunately, I don't have time to write a new command right now.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

What about redefining the "_tagcircle" block to the desired appearance. Once that is done, then renaming that block name to an appropriate name. Would that change the block name for the multileader style?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    What about redefining the "_tagcircle" block to the desired appearance. Once that is done, then renaming that block name to an appropriate name. Would that change the block name for the multileader style?
    Good idea I think.
    That is sort of what I was suggesting, but didn't think of renaming the block after, so it would stay unique for that multileader style.
    You could even rename the multileader style too, if you wanted to keep that separate from other drawings that use the other version of that style.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Opie but I don't want to redefine the "_tagcircle" as that block is used in other callouts and needs to stay as provided.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

So here is a crazy thought just off the top of my head. I haven't tested this but if redefining the block updates everything fine then redefine the block update everything then redefine the block again back to the original

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Try starting a new drawing with redefined block in it and then multileader style. Copy all drawing contents of drawing to modify multileader and paste to original coordinates into drawing just created.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast