Thread: Traffic Island Corridor

Login to Give a bone

Default Traffic Island Corridor

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple corridor for a simple traffic island.

So far i have a surface for a new road layout. I'm now trying to add my islands onto that corridor (i'm only generating 2D plans so don't need them integrating into one model / corridor so the island is in its own corridor and can sit on top of the new road layout). I've drawn the shape of my island with polylines (simple rectangular shape with radius corners). I've split that outline into two lengthways along the centre of the island and then created 2 feature lines from the polylines, assigning elevations from my new road layout surface. I've then run a kerb around each of the feature lines.

What i want to do is include the construction (bituminous footway construction) in the corridor for the island so the island can be hatched using the code sets, however i can't seem to find a way to make it work. I've tried adding the centreline (feature line with levels from top surface of island) as a base line, added a footway assembly and targeted the back of kerb feature line and it all goes a bit crazy, i've also tried the reverse and added the back of kerb as a baseline, added a footway assembly and targeted the centreline, that also goes a bit crazy.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to attack this!

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Traffic Island Corridor

Can you share what you have?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Hi,

My original file is too large to upload so i've recreated the island in it's own file. There's no surfaces etc, just the corridor with the island and the kerb assembly.

Cheers,

Rich.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

I've looked at your drawing. I am unable to make any changes as I do not have the supporting files for that assembly, nor do I have 2019 installed.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

ok thanks anyway.

The kerb is from the 2019 UKIE country kit