Thread: Wblock dwg and Insert into another dwg...shifted

Login to Give a bone

Default Wblock dwg and Insert into another dwg...shifted

In Civil3d 2022 I am having a very confusing issue when trying insert a block (of an entire dwg that I wblocked) into a clean dwt/dwg. When I insert the block it comes in shifted (by: -786, 2465). Here is my process and what I have tried.

Drawing A = old dwg with settings/styles/etc I dont want to import with the actual data in the dwg...this is why im not xrefing/binding it in.

Drawing B = clean blank template dwt/dwg

In A&B I have set the coordinates to SC NAD83 survey feet and check boxes for setting acad variables and scaling objects....I have also tried it with the 2 boxes unchecked. See pic below

In A&B I have set these variables/settings:
    INSUNITs = 21
    BASE = 0,0,0
    INSBASE = 0,0,0
    DWGUNITS = 2/2/4/YES/NO see pic below
    UNITS = US Survey Ft see pic below

I wblock out drawing A, selecting 'entire drawing' and us 'survey ft' selected for the units. See pic below

If I open the block of drawing A that I just created. Everything lines up correctly in space...no shifting or scaling.

If I then try to insert that block of drawing A into drawing B dwt/dwg (at basepoint 0,0,0)....drawing A block comes in shifted. Its comes in at -786, 2465, 0 and is shifted. If I change the position x,y,z in properties of the drawing A block to 0,0,0 it still isnt in the right place. See pic below

In drawing A if I insert the drawing A block I just created, it comes in perfectly.

If I start a blank dwg from the default acad template, set the coordinates (like above), and insert the drawing A block it comes in perfectly.

If I copy0,0 the drawing A block from drawing A dwg or from inside the block and past0,0 into drawing B....it places the block perfectly.

I am not xrefing>inserting/binding drawing A into drawing B because there are a tonnnnn of settings/styles/presets that I do not want drawing A to bring with it.

I feel like ive done this procedure a hundred times and never had any issue.

Any ideas/thoughts? Im assuming there is a setting I need to turn on/off. Am I missing something?

SEE ATTACHED PICS
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wblock dwg and Insert into another dwg...shifted

-WBLOCK (Command) https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2...9-19B6A597D87B
    In the new drawing, the world coordinate system (WCS) is set parallel to the user coordinate system (UCS).

In other words if whey you -wblocked the entire dwg you had UCS set the WCS in the new drawing is going to reflect that.
    Has the WCS been set when you -wblocked the entire dwg the coordinate system shouldn't change.