See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: BIM 360 and C3D workflow

Login to Give a bone

Default BIM 360 and C3D workflow

We are working on rolling out BIM 360 for civil. The company has been using it with much success for Revit. What is the best workflow for folks to get into files do work and sync? Currently I will have the BIM 360 Docs open, should I do this? Or only open when I need it? Then I will open my file in C3D and do work. Often times when close the file takes several minutes to update the status or has hang ups in desktop connector. For instance I saved and closed C3D then waited for the lock to disappear by refreshing my web browser, I renamed the file. All appeared to be good. I closed out. A co worker tried to open the file and it said file not valid. I looked and there was a pending action in the desktop connector, the file rename hung it up, but why did it clear the lock and allow me to rename? Just curious if there is a workflow I am missing or how others are avoiding issues like this? It also seems best if you work on a file and save that you or the other person close out of everything then the person opening close out of everything and open fresh or there is "gaps" in syncs between machines and clouds that spit "invalid file" errors. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: BIM 360 and C3D workflow

You are going to find out pretty quickly, that BIM 360 and Civil 3D
    DO NOT play well together.

XREFS and Datashortcuts will cause you a lot of grief, in your uploads and syncing.

Recently spent quite a bit of time with cutomers and autodesk support trying to resolve
    issues between the two, and it really isn't ready despite marketing to the contrary.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: BIM 360 and C3D workflow

Quote Originally Posted by mjfarrell View Post
    You are going to find out pretty quickly, that BIM 360 and Civil 3D
    DO NOT play well together.

XREFS and Datashortcuts will cause you a lot of grief, in your uploads and syncing.

Recently spent quite a bit of time with cutomers and autodesk support trying to resolve
    issues between the two, and it really isn't ready despite marketing to the contrary.
    I am starting to see that. Typical