See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Revit Revisions - First issue

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit Revisions - First issue

I'm sure this discussion has been had before, but I can't find anything current. I know in earlier versions of Revit we couldn't start with 0, it had to be 1. Apparently that has changed at some point, but I'm not sure.

I'm wondering what most architectural practices do as a revision for the first issue of a drawing: A, 1, -, blank?

I understand that, technically, the first issue is not a revision. However we've always started with Rev A as leaving it blank looks like a mistake.

I'm consolidating our processes, protocols, tempates, etc, I'd like to be able to either recommend or refute changing.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Revisions - First issue

Quote Originally Posted by SallyJV View Post
    I'm sure this discussion has been had before, but I can't find anything current. I know in earlier versions of Revit we couldn't start with 0, it had to be 1. Apparently that has changed at some point, but I'm not sure.

I'm wondering what most architectural practices do as a revision for the first issue of a drawing: A, 1, -, blank?

I understand that, technically, the first issue is not a revision. However we've always started with Rev A as leaving it blank looks like a mistake.

I'm consolidating our processes, protocols, tempates, etc, I'd like to be able to either recommend or refute changing.

Thanks
    I work for an A/E/C firm, we have many government clients with their own standards and our own standards, but are all similar.
    For the most part, we use letters for progress submissions such as "A ISSUED FOR 35%", then add "B ISSUED FOR 65%" and so on.
    Then once it becomes official, stamped drawings going out the door, we wipe out the letter submissions and start over with zero:
    "0 ISSUED FOR BID" or "0" ISSUED FOR CONSTRUCTION" etc.
    These remain on the sheets and get added to for RFI's or addendums.

We usually switch from "project" to "per sheet" revisions after "0" because only the sheets getting updated get re-submitted.
    Hope this helps

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Revisions - First issue

Thanks Ted. So you start with something for the first issue - you don't leave it blank?