Thread: Angled Curtain Wall Panel With Reveal

Login to Give a bone

Default Angled Curtain Wall Panel With Reveal

Hi all,

I'm using curtain walls to model a metal panel system. There are no mullions but I do need a small gap to show between the panels. I've been able to model the reveal using a custom panel family (first picture). However, one section of the system has angled top and bottom constraints (second picture) and when I try to replace that panel I get a "can't make type" error.

Any ideas? I'd prefer to do this with curtain wall panels but if you have other options I'm all ears.
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Angled Curtain Wall Panel With Reveal

To model angled top and bottom constraints in a metal panel system using curtain walls, you can try the following steps:

Create a custom panel family: Start by creating a custom panel family that includes a vertical sweep or an extrusion that represents the reveal or gap between the panels.

Add an angle parameter: Next, add an angle parameter to the family that will allow you to control the orientation of the panel in the curtain wall.

Modify the geometry: Modify the geometry of the panel to take into account the angle parameter. For example, you might adjust the path of the sweep or the direction of the extrusion to match the angle of the top and bottom constraints.

Load the custom panel family into your project: Load the custom panel family into your project and use it to create the angled sections of the metal panel system.

Modify the panel placement: Finally, you'll need to modify the placement of the panels in the curtain wall to account for the angled top and bottom constraints. You may need to manually adjust the position of the panels or use a custom mullion family to control the placement.