Thread: Space Selection Highlights

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Space Selection Highlights

For the past 10 years, I have been using AutoCAD Architecture 2010. This month my company has FINALLY upgraded and we are now on AutoCAD Architecture 2022. Let's just say it is quite the adjustment.

I mostly edit spaces by using grips. Spaces are almost always kept in a separate file with floor plans xref'd into an area/space drawing. I then use the grips to modify the space as needed. However, in 2022 it is extremely difficult to edit spaces this way because when I select a space to edit, it fills with a blue highlight and I can no longer see the objects behind it, and therefore have nothing to snap to when using grips to edit the space. I've attached two images. One to show the space before selection, the other to show after selection.

One thing I did realize is that if I turn the hatch pattern in the space off, then the blue highlight doesn't fill in the space. Then I can edit the space like I'm used to. But that is not really an option for me right now. I need to be able to see the hatch on the space and be able to see stuff behind it.

I already tried going in to options and turning off the selection highlighting feature. But that didn't work.

Can anyone help me figure this out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Space Selection Highlights

When Spaces are in the same file as the other objects, AutoCAD Architecture seems to know to push the Hatch components to the back of the draw order. When drawing over an external reference, however, that does not appear to apply, if the Spaces are drawn after the external reference is attached. In that case, I do not see items in the external reference under the Spaces even when the Spaces are not selected.

I found that if I used the DRAWORDER command, selected all of the Spaces and sent them to the back, that I could then see the external reference items "through" the Space, even when the Space was selected or being grip edited.

Another alternative to turning off the Space Hatch components completely would be to set up a Display Configuration similar to the one you are using now, but that has a different Display Representation for Spaces active, where the visible Hatch component is assigned a pattern other than SOLID; perhaps a user single with a spacing between the lines that is close enough to still convey the color but wide enough to be able to see items through it.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Space Selection Highlights

Thanks for your advice. I'll definitely give that a shot.

But my current space hatch patterns are currently user single with spacing. They are just so dense that they look solid. But perhaps increasing the scale of the pattern would help.